Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2001

It's been nine years. Crazy, right? I remember this day. I was your typical 8th grader: rebellious, selfish, trying to fit in. All I was thinking about that day was my 13th birthday being two days away and what I was going to do, what kind of party I wanted, etc. I remember sitting in my English class and all of a sudden the teacher turned on the tv. Weird... we never watch tv. I watched as the planes flew into the towers and there was nothing but smoke in the air. We watched it all day, in every class. We ditched whatever was planned that day and only talked about what was happening, Now, just for a moment I had my eyes off me and my life and was focused others and their pain. How often do we do this as adults? We're so busy checking off the to-do list that we pass right by those who need us. How are we showing the love of Christ by acting that way? Answer is, we're not! And don't you find it sad that the only time we ever hear anything about 9/11 is on the anniversary? Do people still pray for the victims, rescue workers, and soldiers? I know I don't enough! So let today be a reminder to do so, to keep our eyes off self for just a minute, and to thank God for bringing us through!
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment